FIST-GMS2 FIST generic mixed shelf
The Generic Mixed Shelf, FIST-GMS2 is a multi-purpose mechanical shelf assembly for the FIST fiber management system in a rack environment. The product is typically used to store splices of external/indoor cable to pigtails. These shelves combine splice storage and patching functions.
The unit has the following features:
- Can be installed in Tyco Electronics FIST racks and other 19" or metric (ETSI) rack sizes
- Accessories are available for termination of most common cable types e.g. loose tube, central core, ribbon fiber.
- The UMS (Universal Mounting System) profiles provide the foundation for mounting combinations of SOSA2 (Splice Only Sub-Assembly) and/or SASA2 (Splitter Array Sub-Assembly) modules, which consist of a modular groove plate and trays.
- A 24 unit patch panel is provided which can accommodate
- connector adapters for all common connector types,
- Kevlar termination units (KTU's) to provide the necessary strain relief when terminating common pigtail types
- a mix of connector adapters and KTU's
- Factory installed fiber guiding tubes and bend controls allow for easy but controlled access to fibers and splices.