- TIS traces its origins to the first agency for Raychem products in South Africa in the 1960s. By 1990 the agency for Raychem products was held by a company called Systol, which was bought by Aberdare Cables (Pty) Ltd. Aberdare Cables is a subsidiary of Powertech (Pty) Ltd.
- The agency was named Raytech Thermo Dynamics, a division of Aberdare Cables (Pty) Ltd and was known in the market simply as “Raytech”. Later Raytech was incorporated back into Aberdare Cables and its name was changed to Aberdare Network Services (ANS), and in its offering it included turnkey services to the Telecommunications and Electrical Power industries.
- In 2006 Aberdare Network Services (ANS) changed its name to Technology Integrated Services (TIS) with the introduction of two divisions, namely Solutions (which offered transformer and cable testing) and Training (which provides accredited training in electrical cable technology).
- In the meantime the international OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Raychem had been acquired by Tyco Electronics, and the Raychem brand was sold under the name of Tyco Electronics.
- Consequently, TIS is the largest of the distributors of Tyco Electronics products in the Southern African region.
- In 2008, TIS was moved out of Aberdare Cables (Pty) Ltd, and became a trading division of Powertech SA (Pty) Ltd.
- Also in 2008, TIS secured agency agreements with telecommunications active equipment suppliers; this includes, inter alia, Infinera for DWDM equipment.
- TIS provides products and services in South Africa and the Southern Africa region either directly to customers, or through a network of distributors and sub-contractors.